Sunday 15 May 2011

Homeward Boud

It's time to pack my bag and head home. I turned my wellie boots in and said my goodbyes yesterday. I knew my mind was turning towards home last week when I noted "I Want To Go Back To My Little Grass  Shack" playing on my mental jukebox.

I leave a landscape that has had the driest spring in recent memory and return to my beloved valley which has received over six inches of rain in the last two weeks.

Spring in England has ripened towards summer and the trees that were only hinting at green are now fluttering with leaves.



The nene goslings that fit so easily in my hand six weeks ago



are now going through that awkward--I would almost say ugly--adolescent transition from being covered in fluffy down to their adult plumage.




The pens that everyone worked to hard to re-turf , so the ducklings and goslings could have a fresh new start have gone from bare, scraped earth



to plush new grass with their first inhabitants


It has been a wonderful satisfying experience. Thanks for sharing it with me vicariously.

Aloha oe,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment